11 Apr Vacancy: Team leader flow chemistry at InnoSyn B.V. (0.8-1.0 FTE, Geleen, The Netherlands)
InnoSyn is an SME that primarily focusses on R&D towards the development of (bio)chemical production processes for third parties worldwide. InnoSyn currently has approximately 50 employees and is located at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The company has a new pilot plant at its disposal. Although InnoSyn was founded only 5 years ago, it has a long and impressive track record in the area of development and implementation of industrial manufacturing processes that was built up over more than 40 years.
Within InnoSyn, low-cost and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are developed for customers that are active in a broad range of fields like pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, dyes, flavor and fragrances, monomers for high performance materials and products based on renewable raw materials. One of the key technologies that differentiates InnoSyn from its competitors is its extensive experience in continuous flow chemistry using 3D-printed reactor technology. Using this competence allows InnoSyn to apply extreme reaction conditions and/or hazardous reagents in a safe and scalable fashion to enable the ultimate industrial route for our customers. We are now looking for a team leader to give direction to the world class team of organic chemists and engineers in our flow group. The ideal candidate combines top notch science with excellent organizational and people management skills and will lead this cutting edge technology into the future.
What we offer
A challenging, exciting job with unique opportunities of cross-fertilization between organic chemistry, flow technology, bio- and chemocatalysis as well as process intensification. You will interact with leading scientists, both within and outside InnoSyn. We have state-of the art infrastructure such as on-demand 3D-printed reactors, data logging technology, a multi-purpose pilot plant cryo-flow skid and in-line analytical tools. The working atmosphere is open, dynamic and stimulating. We offer a competitive remuneration package including 38 holidays and a solid pension plan.
What we ask
- Safety: You have a conscious safety attitude.
- A top scientist: You have a PhD degree with (preferably) an engineering background in flow chemistry and at least 5 years of experience in the (chemical) industry. You keep yourself well-informed of current developments in the field and have an eye to translate new technology in scalable industrial solutions.
- Drive: You are motivated and eager to learn with a strong drive to succeed. You show persistence when facing adversity.
- You are a team player with a natural ability to engage people and get the best out of them. You realize that collaboration is essential to be successful and you excel in organizing a team including effective verbal and written communication. Proven line management experience is an advantage
- Hands-on experimental experience in flow chemistry enabling you to make the link between theoretical concepts and putting them in practice. You have excellent experimental skills including design and assembly of flow reactor setups.
Does this challenge have your name on it? Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.