31 May VACANCY: (Senior) Scientist chemocatalysis at InnoSyn B.V. (Geleen, The Netherlands)
InnoSyn is an SME that primarily focusses on R&D towards the development of (bio)chemical production processes for third parties worldwide. InnoSyn currently has approximately 53 employees and is located at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The company has a new pilot plant at its disposal. Although InnoSyn was founded only 5 years ago, it has a long and impressive track record in the area of development and implementation of industrial manufacturing processes that was built up over more than 40 years.
Within InnoSyn, low-cost and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are developed for customers that are active in a broad range of fields like pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, dyes, flavor and fragrances, monomers for high performance materials and products based on renewable raw materials. In order to perform the various projects, InnoSyn is looking for a top scientist in the field of (asymmetric) transition-metal catalysis with hands-on experience in catalyst screening and optimization, and affinity with high throughput experimentation and analysis. Depending on the experience level, we could offer you a senior scientist position or grow you into such a position on medium term.
What we offer
A challenging, exciting job with unique opportunities of cross-fertilization between flow technology, bio- and chemocatalysis, (industrial) organic chemistry and process intensification. You will interact with leading academic and industrial scientists both within and outside InnoSyn. We have state-of the art infrastructure, such as an extensive array of parallel autoclaves, reactors for accurate determination of liquid-phase kinetics, and ample analytical tools for offline and in-line measurements. The working atmosphere is open, dynamic and stimulating. We offer a competitive remuneration package including 38 holidays, flexible working hours and a solid pension plan.
What we ask
- A top scientist: You have a PhD degree in (asymmetric) homogeneous catalysis, preferably towards fine chemicals. You keep yourself well-informed of relevant literature and maintain a high level of expertise in the field. You are enthusiastic about dissemination of scientific achievements in the literature and on conferences. In-depth expertise in hydrogenation, C-C-coupling and/or C-N coupling is preferred.
- Hands-on experience: You have excellent experimental skills including working with air- and moisture-sensitive materials in glovebox and Schlenk techniques, analytical techniques such as GC/HPLC/UPLC, NMR. Two to five years of industrial experience is a plus ideally with exposure to high-throughput experimentation.
- A high quality standard: You are organized and produce reliable results, which you effectively communicate internally and externally both verbally and written
- You are a team player with a natural ability to engage people and get the best out of them.
- Safety: You have a conscious safety attitude.
- Drive: You are motivated and eager to learn with a strong drive to succeed
Please send your application to email@example.com