11 May VACANCY: (Senior) Process Engineer at InnoSyn B.V. (0.8-1.0 FTE, Geleen, The Netherlands)
InnoSyn is an SME that primarily focusses on R&D towards the development of (bio)chemical production processes for third parties worldwide. InnoSyn currently has approximately 60 employees and is located at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The company has a new pilot plant at its disposal. Although InnoSyn was founded only 6 years ago, it has a long and impressive track record in the area of development and implementation of industrial manufacturing processes that was built up over more than 40 years.
Within InnoSyn, low-cost and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are developed for customers that are active in a broad range of fields like pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, dyes, flavor and fragrances, monomers for high performance materials and products based on renewable raw materials. One of the key differentiators of InnoSyn is that chemistry is combined with technology meaning that we know how to bring a chemical route into a plant. For instance, InnoSyn has extensive experience in continuous flow chemistry using 3D-printed reactor technology. Using this competence allows InnoSyn to apply extreme reaction conditions and/or hazardous reagents in a safe and scalable fashion to enable the ultimate industrial route for our customers. We are now looking for a (Senior) Process Engineer to strengthen our capabilities to design reactors, processes and ultimately a plant.
Key areas of accountability/responsibility
- Provide expertise to cross functional project teams, design and execute experiments to support process and product development with scale-up, preparation and technology transfer to the (Pilot) Plant.
- Responsible for translating a chemical route into an industrial process meeting customer requirements (including definition of the appropriate unit operations as well as specification of equipment to be installed/bought).
- Designing of (flow) reactors and supporting infrastructure based on defined process windows.
- Facilitate implementation of processes by supporting calculations (cost calculations, heat- and mass balances, environmental impact etc).
What we offer
A challenging, exciting job with unique opportunities of cross-fertilization between organic chemistry, flow technology, bio- and chemocatalysis as well as process intensification. You will interact with leading scientists, both within and outside InnoSyn. We have state-of the art infrastructure such as on-demand 3D-printed reactors, data logging technology, a multi-purpose pilot plant, a cryo-flow skid and in-line analytical tools. The working atmosphere is open, dynamic and stimulating with lots of flexibility. We offer a competitive remuneration package including 38 holidays and a solid pension plan. More importantly, we pledge to co-invest in your personal development as people are central to the success of InnoSyn.
What we ask
- Safety: you have a conscious safety attitude.
- A top scientist: you have a PhD degree with an engineering background in (preferably) flow chemistry and at least 5 years of experience in the (chemical) industry. You keep yourself well- informed of current developments in the field and have an eye to translate new technology in scalable industrial solutions.
- Drive: you are motivated and eager to learn with a strong drive to succeed. You show persistence when facing adversity.
- You are a team player with a natural ability to engage people and get the best out of them. You realize that collaboration is essential to be successful and you excel in organizing a team including effective verbal and written communication. Proven line management experience is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with implementing processes in a piloting environment enabling you to make the link between theoretical concepts and putting them in practice.
- Flexibility: you thrive in an environment where the only constant is change.
Interested? Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 June 2023.