11 Apr Vacancy: Scientist Organic Chemistry at InnoSyn B.V. (0.8-1.0 FTE, Geleen, The Netherlands)
InnoSyn is an SME that primarily focusses on R&D towards the development of (bio)chemical production processes for third parties worldwide. InnoSyn currently has approximately 50 employees and is located at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The company has a new pilot plant at its disposal. Although InnoSyn was founded only 5 years ago, it has a long and impressive track record in the area of development and implementation of industrial manufacturing processes that was built up over more than 40 years.
Within InnoSyn, low-cost and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are developed for customers that are active in a broad range of fields like pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, dyes, flavor and fragrances, monomers for high performance materials and products based on renewable raw materials. In order to perform the various projects, InnoSyn is looking for a top scientist in the field of organic chemistry with a broad knowledge of modern synthetic methods and the ability to translate chemical concepts into practical and scalable solutions. The key task will involve the design and synthesis of small molecules for various industrial applications.
What we offer
A challenging, exciting job with unique opportunities of cross-fertilization between organic chemistry, flow technology, bio- and chemocatalysis as well as process intensification. You will interact with leading scientists, both within and outside InnoSyn and both in academia and industry. Working for InnoSyn, will put you in a position to directly impact society with cutting edge science. The working atmosphere is open, dynamic and stimulating. We offer a competitive remuneration package including 38 holidays and a solid pension plan.
What we ask
- Safety: You have a conscious safety attitude.
- A top scientist: You have a PhD degree in the field of organic chemistry with an in-depth understanding of (modern) synthetic methods. You keep yourself well-informed of relevant literature and maintain a high level of expertise in the field. Retro-synthetic analysis is second-nature to you.
- Drive: You are motivated and eager to learn with a strong drive to succeed meaning that you are energized by taking a first idea on paper all the way to industrial production. You show persistence when facing adversity.
- Hands-on experience: You have excellent experimental skills enabling you to translate ideas into practical protocols. Experience with scaling-up processes is an advantage.
- You are a team player with a natural ability to engage people and get the best out of them. You realize that collaboration is essential to be successful and you excel in effective verbal and written communication.
- Flexibility: You thrive in an environment where the only constant is change.
Do you feel that this vacancy describes you perfectly? Please send your application to email@example.com