11 Apr Vacancy: Associate scientist flow chemistry at InnoSyn B.V. (0.8-1.0 FTE, Geleen, The Netherlands)
InnoSyn is an SME that primarily focusses on R&D towards the development of (bio)chemical production processes for third parties worldwide. InnoSyn currently has approximately 50 employees and is located at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The company has a new pilot plant at its disposal. Although InnoSyn was founded only 5 years ago, it has a long and impressive track record in the area of development and implementation of industrial manufacturing processes that was built up over more than 40 years.
Within InnoSyn, low-cost and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are developed for customers that are active in a broad range of fields like pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, dyes, flavor and fragrances, monomers for high performance materials and products based on renewable raw materials. In order to perform the various projects, InnoSyn is looking for an associate scientist in the field of flow chemistry with excellent experimental skills and the ability to translate chemical concepts into practical and scalable solutions. Flow Chemistry or continuous manufacturing of chemicals enables the safe application of extreme reaction conditions and/or hazardous reagents, as such being one of the key synthetic technologies for ultimate route scouting. Your key contribution would be to demonstrate the feasibility of a flow concept in real life using our on-demand 3D-printed reactor technology.
What we offer
A challenging, exciting job with unique opportunities of cross-fertilization between organic chemistry, flow technology, bio- and chemocatalysis as well as process intensification. You will interact with leading scientists, both within and outside InnoSyn. We have state-of the art infrastructure, such We have state-of the art infrastructure such as on-demand 3D-printed reactors, data logging technology, a multi-purpose pilot plant cryo-flow skid and in-line analytical tools. The working atmosphere is open, dynamic and stimulating. We offer a competitive remuneration package including 38 holidays and a solid pension plan.
What we ask
- Safety: You have a conscious safety attitude.
- You have a bachelor or MSc degree in chemistry, process/chemical engineering or a closely related area in which organic chemistry played a major role giving you hands-on experience with flow chemistry or microreactor technology. You have a strong commitment to laboratory work.
- Drive: You are motivated and eager to learn with a strong drive to succeed; you continuously improve yourself and show persistence when facing adversity
- A high quality standard: You are organized and produce reliable results, which you effectively communicate internally and externally both verbally and in writing. You stand for what you deliver.
- You are a team player with a natural ability to engage people and get the best out of them.
- Flexibility: You thrive in an environment where the only constant is change.
Interested? Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org