30 Mar VACANCY: Associate Scientist Biocatalysis at InnoSyn B.V. (32-40h Geleen, The Netherlands)
InnoSyn is an SME that primarily focusses on R&D towards the development of (bio)chemical production processes for third parties worldwide. InnoSyn currently has approximately 60 employees and is located at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The company has a new pilot plant at its disposal. Although InnoSyn was founded only 6 years ago, it has a long and impressive track record in the area of development and implementation of industrial manufacturing processes that was built up over more than 40 years.
Within InnoSyn, low-cost and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are developed for customers that are active in a broad range of fields like pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, dyes, flavor and fragrances, monomers for high performance materials and products based on renewable raw materials. In order to perform the various projects, InnoSyn is looking for an associate scientist in the field of biotechnology with excellent experimental skills and the ability to translate biocatalysis concepts into practical and scalable solutions. The key task will involve the production and application of specific enzymes to support the synthesis of small molecules for various purposes.
What we offer
A challenging, exciting job with unique opportunities of cross-fertilization between organic chemistry, flow technology, bio- and chemocatalysis as well as process intensification. You will interact with leading scientists, both within and outside InnoSyn. We have state-of the art infrastructure supporting route scouting from the initial idea all the way to implementation in our multi-purpose pilot plant. The working atmosphere is open, dynamic and stimulating with lots of flexibility. We offer a competitive remuneration package including 38 holidays and a solid pension plan. More importantly, we pledge to co-invest in your personal development as people are central to the success of InnoSyn.
What we ask
- Safety: you have a conscious safety attitude.
- You have a bachelor or MSc degree in biotechnology and/or applied biocatalysis with up to 5 years of experience and with hands-on experience towards preparation and application of enzymes or microorganisms for small molecule synthesis. You have a strong commitment to laboratory work.
- Drive: you are motivated and eager to learn with a strong drive to succeed; you continuously improve yourself and show persistence when facing adversity.
- A high quality standard: you are organized and produce reliable results, which you effectively communicate internally and externally both verbally and written. You stand for what you deliver.
- You are a team player with a natural ability to engage people and get the best out of them.
- Flexibility: you thrive in an environment where the only constant is change.
Interested? Please send your application to email@example.com by 1 June 2023.