11 Mar Vacancy: Associate scientist analytical chemistry at InnoSyn B.V. (Geleen, The Netherlands)
InnoSyn is an SME that primarily focusses on R&D towards the development of (bio)chemical production processes for third parties. InnoSyn currently has approximately 50 employees and is located at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The company has a new pilot plant at its disposal. Although the company was founded only 5 years ago, it has a long and impressive track record in the area of development and implementation of industrial manufacturing processes that was built up over more than 40 years.
Within InnoSyn, low-cost and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are developed for customers that are active in a broad range of fields like pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, dyes, flavor and fragrances, monomers for high performance materials and products based on renewable raw materials. We are looking for an analytical chemist who can support the various chemical projects by picking up the analytical challenges. Typically, this concerns techniques like gas- and liquid chromatography, NMR and (mass) spectroscopy. Since scientists at InnoSyn typically perform routine analytical measurements themselves, your primary task will focus on the development and implementation of new methods. Furthermore, in case of complications, you will be the first contact person for troubleshooting. As a proper analytical method is a qualifier for every project that runs within InnoSyn, you will be a key member of a range of different project teams. To succeed in this dynamic environment with continuously shifting priorities, effective communication with the project leaders is essential.
What we offer
A challenging, exciting job with many opportunities in a dynamic environment. You will interact with leading scientists that work on various topics such as (industrial) organic chemistry, chemo catalysis, bio catalysis and process intensification. The working atmosphere is open and stimulating and the remuneration package is competitive. The vacancy is open for EU residents only.
What we ask
- You have at least a bachelor degree in analytical chemistry.
- You have a maximum of 10 years work experience in the field of analytical chemistry.
- Motivation: You have a ‘can-do’ mentality and are willing to go the extra mile to succeed.
- You have some hands-on experience with various analytical techniques (preferably chromatography). More importantly, you are eager to learn and quickly pick up new techniques on the job.
- You have good experimental skills and work accurately leading to reliable results.
- You are a curious, social person and you can come up with creative solutions.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.